Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - day 1

It is hard to believe another year has passed us by. When we are young the time doesn't seem to go fast enough and as we get older the years seem to fly right by, funny how that is. Not much for resolutions here...same old, loose a few pounds and such. Each year I like to pick a theme and stick with it. 2 years ago I proclaimed that it would be the year of the berry. We planted strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries that year. Last year the theme was bread and even though it took me until November to get a grip on it I did it. Found a recipe that was easy to make and now we have homemade bread readily available. This year I will be the Year of the BEE. Will see if my dreams come true....they usually do if I wish hard enough;) In addition to that I will be writing about my experiences with making gelato, yogurt, and feta cheese, and soap just as soon as I attempt it. Before you know it the greenhouse will be in full swing. We've already talked about starting some seedlings inside. Cheers to a New Year filled with new adventures.

3 comments:

Mare said...

Happy New Year and i hope your Bee year dream comes true!

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

looking forward to another year of your blogs

Country Girl said...

Happy New Year to oyou as well Mare! Thanks Joanna!