As I looked though the posts there were a few I thought would be worth sharing again before they were buried in the archives.
- In January I did a post on Grapenut pudding - I often retrieve this recipe from my archives. Good way to use up milk and eggs if you have an abundance and it is popular with the older population, Maine Man likes it too.
- I have been saving bacon fat since I wrote about making bird food. I plan to make it again soon.
- It is nice that I no longer have to purchase pie crust at the grocery store when I can make it at home for a fraction of the cost.
- Soon we will be planting leeks. I look forward to cooking up some more of this potato leek soup
- This year I plan to pickle some of the fiddleheads I forage. Can't wait to go out this Spring!
- If you ever visit Maine you must visit Acadia National Park. 36 years in Maine and this year was the first time I ever went there.
- We had an amazing growing season in 2010 thanks to the greenhouse that supplied us with produce from April to December. Next year we plan to plant earlier for winter greens.
- This morning I at some of this garlic scape pesto mixed with farm fresh eggs along with the BEST toast ever.
- Tonight I made up some yummy broccoli soup using my own chicken stock. I cannot even stand the thought of buying that stuff in the store as it can be made at home for pennies and there is no comparison in taste & quality. I usually have a stash in the freezer and even canned some this year but with soup season in full swing my stock is depleted. Now I have to plan ahead.
- This summer our fresh air child will be returning for 2 weeks instead of one. We can't wait to see her again.
- Lastly..... do you remember the duck that hatched out 26 ducklings? That is just crazy!
Looking forward to MANY more Adventures in 2011!