Friday, January 7, 2011

Hoop House Update - day 7

It's been a while since I have wrote about the happenings in the hoop house. For good reason, not a whole lot going on. Last year was our first year with it. We started the season eating lettuce as early as April and the last of the greens were devoured in December. What's left? Leeks.... as pictured above.
Empty compared to summer.

Lots of little carrots.
Next year the plan is to plant our second planting MUCH earlier.
We were a little behind this past fall.
Live & Learn..that is what gardening is all about!
Maine Man will be installing our old wood stove in the hoop house soon. So then I will officially be able to call it our green house. Looking forward to Spring planting, it will be here in no time!
PS. TO THE LOCALS...... I just signed up for a bee keeping class!!! If anyone is interested in joining me send me your e-mail address and I will give you more info.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend and her husband that raise bees and have made their own honey which is quite deliecious, we bought some from them a couple of times. We haven't used our greenhouse much though.

Amy

Lisa said...

Hi Country Girl.
Is the beekeeping class through Lawrence Adult Ed? The class catalog arrived this week. I hope to take the beekeeping class and the gardening class they have on offer which is taught by someone from MOFGA.

Lisa "the local"

PS-
I think Ag. Ex. Office folks are offering a beekeeping class as well.

Country Girl said...

Yes Lisa, hope to see you at the bee keeping class. Please speak up if you do, would love to meet you!