Supplies needed: 1 gallon of milk, 1 small plain Greek yogurt, cheesecloth (a fine strainer may do the trick)
- Pour milk in pot and heat to 190 degrees, whisk as heating.
- Cool to 120 degrees (I place the pot in a larger bowl with cool water running into the bowl until it reached temperature)
- Add yogurt
- Place in a container, then I put it in one of the kids insulated lunch boxes. My friend says she uses a cold/hot bag
- Place it in the oven overnight
- In the morning pour onto cheesecloth and let drain 2-4 hours
- Stir & refrigerate.
I typically do not care for plain yogurt but I liked this. Just had to add some granola to spice it up a bit. Next time around I may try to flavor it. Anyone have any experience with this? I could use a little direction. I am also curious as to how long it is good for?