Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Day on the Farm

Today we started on the goat fence. John won the fencing debate and we went with the chain link fence that we already had. It took us a few hours and a bit of grumbling from John as he loves are goats so but we accomplished getting on side up. Here he stands on the 4 wheeler hammering the posts in. When we were out back working almost the whole family was involved. It was quite entertaining to look around. Both goats were running free nibbling, running, and jumping. Garth our old cat was laying in the bushes camouflaged to the side of us. Annie another cat was nearby letting out an occasional meow and hunting for her next victim. Callie our dog was waiting impatiently in the trail waiting to go for a run out back when she wasn't been chased by Pebbles one of our ducks and finally Luke & Leah helped us a bit but were mostly at the back pond, frogging.
Lastly, the picture of the cute blonde is my sister, Mary. Not really, but close enough. We grew up together. We met when I was 12, when I became her neighbor so that makes us friends for 21 years. We have always been their for one another in both good and bad times. Even though our paths in lives have lead us in different directions we have always remained close at heart and on our cell phones. I am very thankful to have such a special friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good so far! John must have some good balance on that 4 wheeler huh?
Isn't it great to be able to keep in touch with friends? I love that also. Have a great day! It's so beautiful here today.

on the ROCKS said...

Hi Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I love your goats they are so cute.
And I watched you little chick video. We have chicks coming. Now I'm even more excited after the video. What a nice place you have.
I'm sorry but I think the chain link fence looks good and we try to use everything we have on hand before we go buy new. It might not be what you wanted but it does look good. I'll be back to see the updates.