Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Still Challenge ~Week 1

This morning over at Nita's blog, Throwback at Trapper Creek I read about a photo challenge she is doing so I decided to tag along. It is hosted by Linda at Just Another Day On The Prairie
and she has made a special blog for this here. This Sunday's theme is pets. Since it is nearly impossible to keep Callie still for any amount I've time I choose to take a few shots of the two rascally kittens, Gretta & Cookie. This is exciting because I am always looking at ways to improve my photography. I have never taken a class because they always seem to be in the evenings and that just doesn't work for me. I've read through many books at the library and I just keep practicing but there is still lots of room for improvement. To date this year I have taken 1750 pictures. Practice makes perfect, right? Hee, hee or is that my mania kicking in again?



Next week's challenge is Christmas lights.


I will catch up on comments later this week. I am calling it a night!


12 comments:

Linda said...

They're all good, thanks for joining in!!

Don said...

The two sitting on the logs is such a great photo. It looks like something from long ago. Nicely done.
What an all-around talented lady you are!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, I think I'll have to try this challenge sometime since I have many old pictures of such!

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

you turned them in to black and white. the kitties are cute.

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done, good use of Black and white. Welcome to the Sunday Challenge...Ed

Freak Magnet said...

I too love the one of the two of them on the log. Their eyes are SO big and the black and white really sets it off! I too have wanted to take some photography classes, but I'm still too busy at this stage in life with kids. Maybe one day! :)

Morgan said...

I ALLWAY LIKE THEM! :)

Amy said...

Cute kitties. I'm amazed that you know exactly how many pictures you've taken this year. I don't have a clue how many I've taken, but I bet they're mostly chicken photos!

Anonymous said...

Cute kitties and nice photos!

I see you made soap, that is on my list to try. Are you still happy with the homemdae laundry detergent? I'm almost out of A&H so I need to make some.

Ali@Henbogle

Country Girl said...

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS, I APPRECIATE AND IT WAS GREAT TO SEE WHAT ONE EVERYONE LIKES THE MOST BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO E-MAIL ONE IN.
THE CATS ON THE LOG WON SO THAT IS WHAT I SENT OFF.

LINDA & ED, THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. GLAD YOU HOSTED THE CHALLENGE. THERE ARE LOTS OF US IN BLOG LAND THAT WANT TO TAKE BETTER PICTURES. I HAVE EVEN LOOKED INTO SOME ON-LINE CLASSES BUT I'VE NEVER TAKEN ANY....THOUGHT FOR THE FUTURE.

ALI, I HAVE ADJUSTED TO THE LAUNDRY DETERGENT BUT IT IS NOT ARM N HAMMER. THAT IS WHAT I USED TO USE TOO. THE CONSISTENCY IS DIFFERENT AND A SOAPY SMELL. IT IS SUPPOSEDLY ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLIER AND MUCH CHEAPER. I WILL EXPERIMENT WITH THE OTHER RECIPE I JUST FOUND. I HAVE MADE 4 BATCHES OF THE OTHER AND THEY LAST US ABOUT A MONTH.

Anonymous said...

Cute kittens!

clown princess said...

what great photos and what sweet kitties.