Monday, December 8, 2008

Come On Maine Man





I did not plan on posting tonight, trying to catch up on others but I had to write this.


We are sitting up in bed, our nightly ritual.


Kids are sound asleep, house is QUIET.


MM is reading a book or a magazine.

I (CG) am on my lap top, writing out Christmas cards, organizing my to do list and calendar (always multitasking)


Some how ice cream gets mentioned. Yum....I start brainstorming.


CG: Well, we do have some vanilla ice cream out in the shed's freezer.


MM: Yeah.


CG: Why don't you go make us some sundaes?


MM: eye roll


CG: C'mon, it'll be good, I'm starving. Put some hot fudge (heat it), cool whip, lots, and some walnuts or almonds.


MM: okay


10 minutes later

my mouth drooling as I await our hot fudge sundaes


MM: Here you go!


CG: (disturbed look on my face) Are you kidding me? What happended to the hot fudge, cool whip??


MM: It's hot fudge, the ice cream is cold and the sauce is warmer.


CG: This is butterscotch (COLD) with bananas and cherries (ewww, I never did like banana splits) and walnuts, no cream


MM: Belly aching after eating two banana splits.


WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? Next time he asks for a coffee with cream and sugar he's getting tea with honey.


....Whining over!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's like: "READ MY LIPS! This is exactly what I want!"

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness gracious!

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

LOL why is it men sometimes just cant get it right???!!!
LOL too funny...sorry no sundae, been there done that! maybe tonight! i'm so mad a google blogger, my posts arent showing up on peoples blogs, its not updating me! GRRRRRRRRRR

Amy said...

LOL Why do they create such gross combinations??? You should see some of the stuff my hubby makes! I guess we should be grateful that they at least tried...right?

Don said...

nice play on words with the "belly aching"

I can hardly eat one banana split.

I don't get it, what's wrong with what he brought you, it sounds so good, delicious, creative, he didn't even want one, his feet just got warm, he was enjoying that article in the New Yorker about the Rich Bitch (Leona Helmsley's heir-dog, not you), but, did he really NOT put any ice cream in?

his feet must have been really
cold...

:)

Freak Magnet said...

What is up with that? Geez.... way to ruin that late night craving. You know what I always say... If ya want it done right, ya gotta do it yourself! LOL If I was close enough to just drive over right now, I sure would - with a BIG fat ot fudge sundae with lots of whipped cream and nuts too! :)

Anonymous said...

You're stifling his creativity!He's an artist!

GreyWolf said...

I see a pattern here. Men vs. Woman comments.
So I will ask these questions.

Does he usually get you what you want?

And is this HIS retribution for sommething HE asked for and didn't quite get what he wanted?

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

LOL!!!! MEN! Geesh!

Country Girl said...

Thanks for all your comments. No more man bashing I promise. Just thought it was funny. Not at the time because I really had my heart set on that HFS but I am fully
capable to do it myself.


CR, your right and I'm just really particular. I like it how I like it.

KY, I got the sundae just had to make it myself.

Amy, I am grateful he tried, I just thought it was humorous.

Don, John has quite and appetite. New Yorker yeah right. If it is not hunting, fishing, outdoors, or farming he's not reading it.

FM, I did get off my tush and make it just the way I like it.

Warren, your right I should have just ate it up and been grateful.

GW, Sorry..that wasn't my intention. Didn't really think about all my men readers when I posted.
John could tell you some stories about me. When he asks me to get something at the store (ie. part) I more often than not come home with the wrong thing. And two years in a row I gave him the same tool for his birthday.
JOHN TRULY IS THE MAN AND DOES ME WELL, JUST HAVING A LITTLE FUN!

Sorry about the deleted comment. I wrote this all under Leah's sign in...oops

Don said...

I don't think you need to apologize, I thought it was a great post! I think your Maine Man can handle it!

GreyWolf said...

Kim: I agree with Don. No need to apologise. and it is a great post.
I know that the same type of thing has happened to many couples. And it was very funny. I am sure my wife would tell you that it is definitly a MAN thing. And that I am as guilty as MM.

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

So, you were irritated because he didn't bring you what . . . oh sorry I wasn't really listening! HAHAH!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Next time when he ask for something, give him the complete opposite.

I do like banana split though and I don't like whip cream on my ice cream.

Morgan said...

I'll eat it!