Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Stills-Self Portrait & Kid Interview

Cleaning the shed

I did not get very creative with this weeks photo challenge since I didn't start snapping any shots until yesterday. The theme of the weekend was working around the house so that was what I had to work with....barn attire. Don't let me fool you, I am by NO means one to dress up! I have one dress, it is black and I call it my funeral/wedding dress. I don't wear nylons or heels, I'm ALL ABOUT comfort.


Feeding the hogs.

Below is a kid interview that has been going around face book. I thought it would to be fun to post here with this weeks photo theme.

Luke & Leah were interviewed separately and the side notes are from yours truly.





1. What is something mom always says to you?

Leah: be careful (so true)


Luke: clean your room (they rarely do without bribery!)




2. What makes mom happy?



Leah: be good (true)


Luke: breakfast in bed (the kids did this for me on Valentine's day)




3. What makes mom sad?


Leah: when I'm being bad (true)


Luke: me growing up (I do whine about them growing up)


4. How does your mom make you laugh?


Leah: tickles me


Luke: when your tired and you say words wrong like when you kept saying hog house instead of log house when we were reading Little House in the Big Woods.
(we laughed until tears after Luke pointed out that I said it 2 times in a row. It was the night one of our hogs got loose)



5. What was your mom like as a child?


Leah: Long hair, blue eyes, good


Luke: You weren't really that cranky (? not sure where this came from but he's was a colicky baby and I sometimes tease him about it)


6. How old is your mom?

Leah & Luke 34 (right on!)


7. How tall is your mom?



Leah: 5-6 ft (5'4", your close girl)

Luke: 4 1/2 - 5 ft (a bit off)


8. What is her favorite thing to do?


Leah: clean the house (I promise you it is NOT my favorite)


Luke: get things done (he's right, I am goal oriented)


9. What does your mom do when you're not around?


Leah: work around the house (true)


Luke: feed the animals (this happens regardless if they are home or not)





10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?


Leah: rock star (scary thought)


Luke: singing, if you take voice lessons (hee, hee, I was thinking he was crazy at first then he proceeded to answer and I was lol)


11. What is your mom really good at?


Leah: cleaning the house ( I would disagree here I just always seem to be cleaning like any parent or homeowner for that matter)


Luke: cleaning the house (too funny, I could think of better things that I'm good at)


12. What is your mom not very good at?


Leah: singing (ha, I'm really getting bashed on my singing capabities. I never said I was good I just like singing in the car)


Luke: skinning a fish or a deer (don't want to be good at. If I play dumb I don't have to do it)


13. What does your mom do for a job?


Leah: work at the hospital


Luke: she's a nurse who works in x-ray




14.What is your mom's favorite food?


Leah: twix (not, but I do like them)


Luke: lobster (right on)


15.What makes you proud of your mom?


Leah: when I do a good job at something


Luke: me or Leah achieving something (both right)



16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?


Leah: Dafani from Scooby Doo


Luke: Ma, if Little House in the Big Woods was a cartoon


17. What do you and your mom do together?


Leah: read, she takes me bowling


Luke: talk, read Little House in the Big Woods
(Can you see Luke's fascination with this book series. I am starting to get a little obsessed too)



18. How are you and your mom the same?


Leah: blue eyes


Luke: we both have brown hair

19. How are you and your mom different?

Leah: you have long hair and your bigger and you have bigger toenails (?)

Luke: I'm a boy, your a girl



20. How do you know your mom loves you?


Leah: cause you kiss me


Luke: you always say be careful and the reassuring hugs & kisses every night

AREN'T THEY SWEET! I AM TRYING TO SUCK UP EVERY BIT OF THESE YEARS . CAN'T THEY JUST STAY THESE AGES FOREVER? WAAA!!!!


Last day of the season for MM & the kids to go out ice fishing. Lots of meat for the freezer and a great time shared with friends.


23 comments:

Don said...

you have great kids who know they are loved, and liked! Kids know when adults like them and your kids show that. Good job.

Did I miss a chick post? I know you just got a gazillion ducks, but did you get chicks too?

BTW, how are duck sales going?

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

cute kids and husband ain't bad either. If I had to wear nylons again, that would be torture.

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

J9 said...

I like the first self portrait - cute! And the interview is really sweet!

Amy said...

I love that kid interview! I'm finding that I'm really enjoying my son's teen years (believe it or not) and I'm not happy that he's growing up. You guys always catch the nicest fish. What's your secret?

Country Chick said...

Very cute post Kim. And where is the post about the baby chicks? I didn't know you got them either! Have a great week

gtyyup said...

Ahhhh...love that first pic...makin' me feel right at home!!! Great family too!

Rising Rainbow said...

The self portrait is great! The kids interview was cute. Isn't it interesting to see how they "see" things sometimes. You never quite know what you're going to get.

Anonymous said...

That was just the sweetest thing ever. You've got some wonderful kids, my friend! :) Oh, and I love your sweatshirt! :)

sugarcreekstuff said...

That was funny, thanks for sharing.

Leasmom said...

I want to cry...thats so sweet and the next thing you know you'll have two teenagers you'll have to bribe to give you a kiss! Enjoy it while you can!

MariesImages said...

Those were great portraits...it really shows the real you...a country girl! Ü
Excellent entry, cute kiddies~
;)
Marie

Jen Mo said...

Those are good. Love the way it shows you working around the house!

Paula said...

Those were great answers! I especially love the one about you being famous rock star!
And Luke must think you're pretty short! LOL-

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Beautiful images of family!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Love the interview! Very cute and sweet answers from your kiddos. Love your self portraits too!

warren said...

That shed looks too clean to be a shed! Great fish and some great stories too I bet!

Country Girl said...

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS EVERYONE!

DON, YOU DID NOT MISS THE POST. I HAVE YET TO WRITE ANYTHING ABOUT THOSE SWEET LITTLE CHICKS.
WE HAVE THIRTY SOMETHING DUCKS LEFT BUT 20 ARE CALLED FOR.

AMY, THAT IS GREAT TO HEAR ABOUT THE TEEN YEARS BECAUSE I HAVE HEARD A WHOLE LOT OF NEGATIVE LATELY FROM FRIENDS. I AM HOPING MY KIDS WILL BE THE EXCEPTION.
FISHING ISN'T MY DEAL. MAINE MAN IS THE GREAT OUTDOORSMAN. HE HAS A GOOD LOCATION THAT HE TAKES THE KIDS.

JANINE, THE CHICKEN POST IS COMING....

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Great pics, and I LOVE the interview - don't worry they'll be great teenagers!

Jennifer said...

Great pics! Loved the interview-you've got some sweet kids. I laughed at the cleaning house answers, because that's probably what mine would say, too.

GreyWolf said...

Wonderful photos and enjoyed the kids interview. Maineman is quite the fisherman, looks like him and the kids keep you well stocked with fish dinners. I am looking forward to the lake perch running here soon. I can't wait to go fishing!!!

Andrea said...

Love that first pic! Great submission for last week's challenge! :)

San Diego Farmgirl said...

I didn't realize my mom was such a great housekeeper until after I moved out! LOL