Thursday, September 4, 2008

To the OR he goes


Oreo loves yogurt, good thing because that is all he has been able to eat the last few days except a little hay.


See how bloated he is.


Our treatments are not working so there are 2 options and we have choose to try and save this little bugger. He is heading to the OR in the morning for a rumenotomy
The kids and I will be having a lawn sale and hopefully I can talk then into selling their chinchillas (that they rarely pay attention to) and I have a bunk bed to sell to help fund this madness.
The estimation is $300. Hopefully I will have pictures to follow. I am going to see if they will take some pictures in the OR, doesn't hurt to ask right?
STAY TUNED!

6 comments:

frugalmom said...

Sending good get well goat thoughts your way. I hope it all goes well and the little guy is back to his normal self soon!

Pine Pod Farm said...

Hope all goes well with Oreo, I recognize the breed;0 We had a Nigerian Dwarf doe named Oreo and her brother was Cadbury and their Mom came with the name Hershey P.A., he's a flashy little guy, most goats do like yogurt though much better than the gel probios, you know as soon as I put some baking soda out her belly went down tremendously on a Mini-Nubian doe named Hannah, she's a chunky little girl! If you need anymore help with the goaties please feel free to ask away since we have been raising goats for 9 years now and I have read alot of books on goats here so I have a source for about everything here;)

Mandie said...

Hope Oreo's surgery will go smooth and fast. My hubby would act the same way about farm animals. SOOOOOO frugal!!!

Amy - "Twelve Acres" said...

Oreo looks really bloated the poor thing! He must be so uncomfortable right now. I hope your sale goes well to help take the bite out of the vet bill. Will Oreo need a special diet afterward or can he go back to eating normal goat fare?

Farmchick said...

I hope Oreo gets better soon. Thanks for your sweet comments.
As far as your question you left me on my blog...fragrance oils & essence oils are very expensive -- the good thing is that they are very potent...so for laundry detergent you may not need much-so it may be expensive intially but could last quite some time. Hope that helps you a little!!

PIE said...

I really hope it all works out for you. I know it is hard, especially with kids involved...real life or not. Good luck.
PIE