Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter Kids

IMPRESSIVE ….this big, bad, fort was in my front yard a good part of last winter. They have yet to build a fort this winter but our days have been filled with plenty of outdoor activities including skating, sledding, cross country skiing, and tubing.  Maine Man and the kids have yet to make it out ice fishing but I have no doubt they will be out on the lakes before long.  The weather has been crazy here in Maine so far this winter, making for scary ice conditions in some areas.  A few weeks ago it was 12 below, last week it was in the 50′s and this morning it was 5 below.

I must say I am thankful to have kids that embrace the outdoors in all kinds of weather.  I recently heard of a program for Maine children called Winter Kids.  It is for kids in grades 5,6, and 7.  It offers free and discounted deals on various outdoor winter activities.  The cost is $25 for a passport.  I have yet to sign the kids up but I am considering.  Anyone out there that has used this program I’d love to hear from you.

No comments: