Sunday, August 21, 2011

Guess Again

IMG_6415r

I’ll post a few more pictures after you figure out what he’s been up to next…  SPOILED ROTTEN I am!

 

Update…you are ALL CORRECT.  It is a CIDER PRESS!  We have done 2 test runs.  First time we encountered problems with the grinder and second time around we experienced issues with the press.  After all the bugs will be worked out and we will bring it up to the farm.  For now we’ve been using a burlap bag but I’d love to hear from anyone else that may use something  different.  I have found some nylon bags on line that I am very interested in.

IMG_6410rIMG_6419r

For my local friends & family we will host a couple cider pressing parties for those that want to bring some apples and make some fresh goodness.  WICKED EXCITED!  The last two years I went to my friend's farm to make cider.  I posted about 2009 here and 2010’s adventure here if you are interested in taking a peek back in time.  I am sure before the season’s out I’ll have a few more pictures to post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say that was a cider press. Am I right?

Anonymous said...

A cider press maybe like henbogle said?

Amy

Dragonfly Hill said...

A cider press for the worlds best wife, Mom, and friend a person ever had, you soooo deserve it my dear

Anna

Anonymous said...

Cider press! And... that's some Homeschooling going on there!! Wahoo! :)

warren said...

I am late to the game but I woulda guessed the same thing. I have a press but I am excited to see your apple scritter/crusher/whatever it is

Country Girl said...

Your all CORRECT!