Monday, October 4, 2010

One Happy Boy

This past weekend Country Boy shot his first wild duck. He shot it while it was flying with the 20G shotgun my old farmer friend gave him. Later in the day he shot his first bird, a wood cock while out bird hunting with Maine Man. He could not wait to go down to our farmer friend's house to tell him. I am not sure who was happier!
The above picture is what I woke up to minus the gun.
He came up to my room, duck in hand, to show me his first kill as a hunter.
SO proud of that boy!
He says he likes hunting so much he could do it 24/7....lol
Like father like son;)

3 comments:

doglady said...

Now he needs to round out the fall with a turkey. There sure are plenty around this year and such good eating.

small farm girl said...

He does look proud! lol. I'm really happy for him!

Christine said...

Congrats to Country Boy! You and your family are really living the life!