Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th Weekend!


This is what we did on the 4th. We woke a little later than usual. John is usually up at the crack of dawn so we were off to a late start for getting a water delivery at 3pm...yikes will we make it?
The kids wanted to go to the parade, I contemplated but after last years I was not looking forward to it. Then I realized what it was they were really after, CANDY. So we compromised I offered to buy them some candy if we skip and just do the fireworks, they were all over that. Bribery...I mean compromise is a wonderful thing when necessary.
Our friend Shawn called that morning called and offered to help. He came over with his girls and gave us a hand, we were very thankful!


And Gary, our friendly neighbor was also right here for us! Thanks so much Gary, we could not have done it without you.


Anna Belle also joined in on the excitement. She thought that paper was quite tasty!


At 4:30 the water man came, he was a little behind schedule, thankfully because so were we.
We only had one load delivered which filled the pool about 1/2- 3/4. The water guy said his truck gets 3 miles/gallon when filled, I could not believe it.




I will have more pictures to follow, I forgot to take one of it up. John still needs to hook up the pump so we can fill it the rest of the way with out well. The kids did not mind, they were in and out all day today.

At 9pm we all headed to the fireworks!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo!!!! What fun!

I can't think of a better thing to do on the Fourth of July!

Blessings!
Lacy

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun in the family future when more water comes in!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like so much fun!!!

Morgan said...

That was very fun Kim. I still tell the story of the fireworks!


~Morgan