Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Farm Display @ the Fair




Last Tuesday Maine Man and I worked late into the night preparing our display for the fair. It was all worth it, we won FIRST place out of 4 farms! The rules were to display at least 20 items you produce on your farm, it must be educational, and it is also judged on presentation. We also brought along the chicken plucker that MM built, that was a BIG hit!


Flower Girl also took first place for her butternut squash

and her Green Peppers from the hoop house



Country Boy received three blue ribbons. This squash is called Long Island Cheese, isn't it a beauty? I bought the seeds on clearance at Johnny's this Spring. Can't wait to cook one up!



CB's Hubbard, he also entered a pumpkin but I forgot to take a picture.




Great weekend full of fair food. I surely gained a few pounds!


5 comments:

Prairie Mother said...

Congrats on the blue ribbons! The display looks great.

Judy T said...

Congratulations! It's great to see all your hard work recognized.
Judy

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Wow! Congrats!

Julie said...

Congratulations on all the ribbons!

This makes me yearn for autumn weather. Unfortunately, I live in Houston right now where the heat index is still at 100 degrees.

Dianna said...

It's beautiful, and I'm so glad you won! My imagination went wild as I visited our local fair this fall. I'm not much up on gardening lately (everything seems to die), but I think I might enter some cookies next year.