Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Making Grape juice….

With growing season upon us I figured it  would be good timing to share how easy it is to make juice the way mother nature intended.  I made this batch with store-bought grapes but this summer I may attempt to make it from wild grapes. 

It sounds like a lot of work but it really only takes a few minutes and honestly it’s the best juice you’ve ever tasted.

  1. Wash your grapes then run them through a food processor.

 

2. Place them in a pot and add a couple cups of water (I had approx 3lbs of grapes)

3. Cook for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.

4. Strain into a canning jar and cool!  That’s it…. NO sugar needed.

I like it straight up but I also love it mixed with sparkling water! Vodka would make for a good combo too.  Easy Peasy & very tasty!

 

A while back someone asked about the straining bag I used.  The natural food store finally had them in stock again and I purchased another.  It was less then  $3 and it has many uses.  Beats cheesecloth in my eyes.

2 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

I have always used cheese cloth but I think I may give these ones a try.
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I wonder if the paint strainer bags you can get at paint stores are the same?