Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Hunting!

Had to laugh when I saw Miss Callie all comfy on Maine Man's hunting clothes....washed with scentless laundry detergent, hung to dry, in a tote with pine needles.
Honestly, I am not much of a hunter! I would never make any effort if it was not for Maine Man. It is just not in my blood. I think if I shot a deer it may be but for now that is just how it is. I do go out a few times of year and then I call it good. I do enjoy being in the woods but between having absolutely NO sense of direction and my self-diagnosed ADD ;) I don't stand a chance!.
Last year I saw a deer in the woods for the first time. I was quite excited. Even tried chasing after it. Needless to say it escaped being shot by this big bad hunter. This year for the first time MM had me try out his tree stand. I assure you it was not the one above. He had me climb 20 feet up on measly pegs nearly 6 feet apart onto a platform that was way to small for my liking. I told him the only way I'd use the stand is if he built a large deck around it. The next night when I came home from work still dressed in scrubs the kids had me jump on the 4 wheeler. They took me outback to see my surprise. A little whining goes a long way! That how the stand above became.
Wish me luck because I SURELY need it!

7 comments:

Judy T said...

She looks quite comfortable in her nest of scentless clothes. You look quite the pro!
Judy

GreyWolf said...

Nice stand and rifle, now if you can only get a deer to cooperate...

Hickchick said...

MY DH is deer hunting again for the first time in 20 years. I am so happy he is doing something he used to love -and my 11yr old daughter is excited to be in the woods with him-he has a protege!
You look like you were born for the hunt !!
Kris

Anonymous said...

Is this Callie's way of saying 'don't forget me'? I bird hunt with one of my collies. She was so excited last night when we got the rifles out that she was a huge pest. When she realized we weren't going hunting she dropped herself to the floor, heaved a huge sigh and sprawled out. I think she was thinking, "Losers."

Adkins Family farm said...

I'm so tired right now that I'd like a tote of scentless hunting clothes to sleep in. You look like a hunting pro up in that tree stand. So good luck to you and MM on that deer.

Karen Sue said...

I can't hit the broad side of a barn with a ball or a gun...of course it's been years since I tried...maybe I've improved with age!! Good Luck. I'm afraid I'd be up in the stand with a drink, maybe a tootsie pop, and a good book...oh, yeah, could someone pass that gun up to me??

Country Girl said...

I might look like a pro but I'm FAR from it!
KS, My shot is not too bad but I am like you , where's my book and totsie pop...I prefer snickers though ;)